On the first Sunday in May of each year — and around Mental Health Week in Canada — people from coast to coast to coast rally together at BMO Walk so Kids Can Talk in support of youth and their well-being with Kids Help Phone.
For 35 years, Kids Help Phone has been a place where generations of young people can Feel Out Loud about any issue, big or small. Kids Help Phone is Canada's only free, 24/7, multilingual and confidential e-mental health care service offering youth support through phone, text and online resources.
In 2023, Kids Help Phone achieved #1 most trusted charity in Canada. The organization is currently leading the largest movement supporting youth mental health in the country's history.
By raising $300M by the end of 2024, Kids Help Phone will unlock hope for more young people to thrive in their worlds and offer more youth support without obstacles and help with any hardship. No challenge is too big, and no feeling is too small.
What programs and services does Kids Help Phone offer?
With the help of supporters, including fundraisers, donors, volunteers and more at BMO Walk so Kids Can Talk, Kids Help Phone offers communities in Canada:
- text-based support with trained, volunteer crisis responders
- counselling over the phone (including interpretation services in multiple languages) and Live Chat with professional counsellors
- an online mental health resource library and navigational website chatbot
- youth mental health data insights
- Resources Around Me, a support service directory
- Feel Out Loud Community Creator Space for youth to explore / share creative content
- the Peer-to-Peer Community at Kids Help Phone, a support forum of real-life stories
- RiseUp powered by Kids Help Phone for African, Caribbean and Black youth
- Counsellor in the Classroom for students in Grades 4 through 12
- Support for First Nations, Inuit and Métis youth including Brighter Days: An Indigenous Wellness Program supported by Sun Life
- Good2Talk for post-secondary students in Ontario and Nova Scotia
- and more!
Where can I discover more about Kids Help Phone?
To learn about Kids Help Phone, access wellness support and more, you can visit KidsHelpPhone.ca.